- Assistance on Request
Teaching for Biliteracy Summer Institute
June 26 - 30, 2017, Chicago, Illinois
Registration is now closed for this event.
The Illinois Resource Center (IRC) is offering a 5-day summer institute focused on teaching for biliteracy in Spanish and English. The institute will feature:
- Overview of the strategic use of Spanish and English and teaching for biliteracy in transitional bilingual programs, dual language programs, and one-way and two-way immersion programs
- Best practices in teaching Spanish and English literacy
- Strategies that support translanguaging, making cross-linguistic connections, and the Bridge between languages
- Instructional practices specific to teaching reading and writing in each language
- Bilingual unit framework for developing and delivering standards-based bilingual units of instruction that integrate the teaching of language and content
The institute will be led by Karen Beeman and Cheryl Urow, and includes a copy of the book Teaching for Biliteracy: Strengthening Bridges between Languages. The cost of this 5-day institute also includes breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday.
Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown, 733 W. Madison, Chicago, IL 60661. The Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago’s Greek Town.
The Teaching for Biliteracy Summer Institute has a very limited amount of rooms available at the special rate. The cost for single and/or double occupancy is $169.00 per night, plus taxes. This group rate will be available from Sunday, June 25 through Thursday, June 29, 2017.
The deadline to reserve this special rate is May 31, 2017.For reservations, please call (312) 829-5000 and mention you are with the Illinois Resource Center/Teaching for Biliteracy Summer Institute. Please mention Group Code IR3 when making reservations.
For more information, contact email@example.com.