- Assistance on Request
Teaching for Biliteracy
2018 Summer Institute
Monday June 25 - Friday June 29, 2018
Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown
733 W. Madison, Chicago, IL 60661
The Illinois Resource Center is offering a 5-day summer institute focused on teaching for biliteracy in Spanish and English.
This institute is designed for educators responsible for providing Spanish literacy instruction, English literacy instruction, or both, to students in transitional
bilingual, one-way immersion, two-way immersion and dual language programs.
The institute will feature:
- Overview of the strategic use of Spanish and English and teaching for biliteracy in transitional bilingual programs, dual language programs, and one-way and two-way immersion programs
- Best practices in teaching Spanish and English literacy
- Strategies that support translanguaging, making cross-linguistic connections, and the Bridge between languages
- Instructional practices specific to teaching reading and writing in each language
- Bilingual unit framework for developing and delivering standards-based bilingual units of instruction that integrate the teaching of language and content
Cost: $1,775 per person, for Illinois School District personnel
$1,975 per person for attendees from other states
A limited number of hotel rooms are available at a special rate.
Sorry, this institute is filled. Registration has closed.