- Assistance on Request
Balancing ACT: Bringing Art, Culture, and Technology
into Harmony for Language Learners
June 13-14, 2018
A 2-day institute with presenters Maggie Essig, Michele Yanong and Olivia Mulcahy.
National Louis University - Chicago Atrium, 122 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603
Teachers and school leaders can use Art, Culture and Tech together to:
- deepen and broaden students' academic content learning
- develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- support social and emotional growth
- captivate students with resonant and compelling learning experiences
Registering 4 or more? When you register 3 people at $425/person, each additional person price is $350.
Online registration for 1 to 10 people. Pay via personal or district credit card or purchase order.
Registering online requires the same information about each participant as listed on the mail-in registration form. We suggest printing out the mail-in registration form to use as a guide in gathering information about each participant.
Whether it's for one person or ten, online registration is completed in a single transaction, so you will need to have all the necessary information handy. If you are paying by purchase order, you will need the purchase order number and will upload a digital copy of the purchase order as the last step in the online registration process.
Online registration for yourself with your personal credit card. You may register via the IRC at The Center: Events site, if you are registering only yourself and using your personal credit card.
Teaching for Biliteracy
2018 Summer Institute
Monday June 25 - Friday June 29, 2018
Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown
733 W. Madison, Chicago, IL 60661
The Illinois Resource Center is offering a 5-day summer institute focused on teaching for biliteracy in Spanish and English.
This institute is designed for educators responsible for providing Spanish literacy instruction, English literacy instruction, or both, to students in transitional
bilingual, one-way immersion, two-way immersion and dual language programs.
The institute will feature:
- Overview of the strategic use of Spanish and English and teaching for biliteracy in transitional bilingual programs, dual language programs, and one-way and two-way immersion programs
- Best practices in teaching Spanish and English literacy
- Strategies that support translanguaging, making cross-linguistic connections, and the Bridge between languages
- Instructional practices specific to teaching reading and writing in each language
- Bilingual unit framework for developing and delivering standards-based bilingual units of instruction that integrate the teaching of language and content
Cost: $1,775 per person, for Illinois School District personnel
$1,975 per person for attendees from other states
A limited number of hotel rooms are available at a special rate.